Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bra Fitting

I have been thinking a while about posting what i am about to say mainly because it is so personal, but then i realised that it has changed my life and could possibly help others out there too. Quite a few years ago now i went to get myself measured for a bra and was told by the staff that i was "One of those people" and "They did not make bras for my shape". this hurt me, and i did not bother about getting one.
Well my son Jonno told me that this was simply not true, his girlfriend gets fitted every now and then and she says her best fitting bras are the ones she gets measured for.
So i took the plunge so to speak and went for a fitting.
brasnthings in Greensborough. Well this lady measured me whilst wearing the bra i was wearing, got me the size it measured up with and it was not right, she took her time and gave me another size and well, believe me when i put it on i felt for the first time in my life that i was not a freak!! i was for the first time in my life wearing the in correct size. It also gave me back my waist!! my breasts feel comfortable in a bra and my clothes look better too! I am happy to say that i am a 14F and i had no idea that this size existed. I was so happy that i cried at the check out and told her about what happened to me previously and she told me that she was so sad for me that it should not have happened. So my advice to you ladies, if someone tells you something bad like that don't take it, report them, they should not be in their job. There is a bra (or bras)!! out there for you,

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're in a well fitted bra now. You'll feel like a new woman!

    Can I make a suggestion, that you buy another one the same but maybe in a different colour in the near future before they go out of stock.
    Nothing worse than going back three months later and not being able to get the same item, believe me, I've been there.
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my first proper bra! I was in Sydney (backpacking) trying on some bra's in a fittingroom. Insecure as I was I never, ever had asked for help with the right size before. Then ones of a sudden this saleswomen asked if I was allright. And before I knew it she came into my fittingroom. She looked at the bra's I was fitting, shaked her head and turned around to get me some other ones. I tried them one and once of a sudden I actually had breast! Hehe... And the bra's felt so good and so did I! Because of her I got so much more confident!
    So I'm very happy for you Sue. Feels great, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Sue *big hug!*! What a horrible and insensitive person she is to have said such a comment. This should not have happened!
    Getting the right bra is so important because it feels comfortable and better for your back (especially if you craft lots! ;) )
    I think it is time for me to get a good fitted bra for me too!
    *hug*
    x
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete