Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tiara

This is what I am working on today. A tiara from recycled materials. My son has these sports powder drinks and i have saved it to use but until now I did not know what for. I have decided to make a tiara. First i peeled off the label and was surprised to see a lovely strip of paper to use underneath.
I folded the paper into sections and cut out shapes. I then taped the paper onto the container and used a marker to transfer the pattern.
I cut out the top section first so that i could hold it then cut out the shapes. This is done quite roughly, i will fine tune it after and smooth out the lines.
I then cut off the bottom part. Now I can spend my time smoothing it out. I will finish it by decorating it with hot glue beads and findings, flowering gum nuts etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment