Yesterday I went with Renee to her School Art Rom to help get it ready for the new term. Remember this lovely hand dyed fabric that I made a couple of months ago? Well I could not make it colour fast so it will not be used for laundry bags but I will be using it to make storage bags for fabric for the Art Room instead. The bags will be very similar to the laundry bags, just larger. I will be adding a clear plastic pocket to the front which will have sample swatches of fabric in it to show what is in the bag.
This is Work in Progress, the size is 60cms by 90cms and I am making plastic pockets.
It does not show up very well, but this is the plastic I am using. It is from fabric swatch samples, I have taped them together to make one long strip.
folded them and the top is held with clips and the bottom has tape on them to hold it's shape until I sew bias binding on it. Fun stuff!