Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wedding Plans Continues...

I forgot to add in my last post about the wedding. She will Still have it at Hill End, only a small ceremony and one in Melbourne too. So in effect Two weddings.
She has 3 weeks left of Uni, then we will get on with more details like THE DATE!!

We also have question. Etiquette, Wedding gifts, My daughter and her husband to be already have furniture in storage for a house, (they are living in a garage/shed at the moment) not as bad as it sounds, like a granny flat almost. They have a bedroom with the desk and a kitchen sink, a shower and a toilet. They are waiting until they know where her partner will be posted before they look for somewhere to rent. Any ideas on what they can do? that is a question that is being asked.

My nephew who is living with us at the moment is getting married in February and will on the other hand need stuff for their place as yet they don't have one!! They would like to set up a registry or something naming stuff that they will need I think that setting up a blog page like my daughter has only for invited guests with a list that they can pick from. The guests then can e-mail them and let them know what they would like to choose. the item then gets ticked off from the box. Any large items can be jointly bought by groups, eg, brothers and sisters together get an item.

Has anyone been to a wedding recently, or have gotten married? I would love to hear your ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    You sound very busy at the moment with the wedding and the changes to the wedding.

    I've been to a couple of weddings where the couple's had been together for some time. They had a "wishing well" that you put money in an envelope and put into the wishing well.
    Another idea thats happening is couples register with a travel agent and you can pay for Travel Agent vouchers.

    The other way is gift registry at a larger store like Myer.
    I hope this helps.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a wishing well, I will forward this onto my daughter, thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete