No sewing today, I have been painting this quilt block. It does not show up here with the camera but the V the wings and the parachute are silver/grey. The white has been painted on a black background. Jo Sonia textile medium with acrylic paints.
This is the Aussie Hero quilt I am working on at the moment. All applique. Black blocks have been quilted and cut to size, the Angry Birds have been drawn out, cut out and ironed on in place ready to sew then quilt around. sashings will be black with the binding colourful.
Painted 2 blocks yesterday, This is for 2 quilts I have in the works. Both of these will have block of the month blocks coming to me in the post. I washed and ironed them today. The blue and black bled a little. To use them I will have to iron them onto webbing and fussy cut them out. Lesson learned, not all acrylic paints are the same. Today I will be making swatches with all the brands I have, name the brands and photograph before and after treatment. I will keep you posted. The other quilt I have started is a fun one, Angry Birds.
Thank you for the lovely packets of cat food for my kitties, My young friend does not even have a cat, but they were giving away these and she was with some friends and thought if me, As you can see a packet has been opened, my cats love them! Thank you so very very much.
This is the UN flag logo painted on turquoise background. I used acrylic paint with 1 part paint, a little water and 1 part textile medium. This gave the paint a creamy texture that was not too thick or thin and went where I wanted it to go. This is an experiment, not sure how it will turn out. I have to let it cure first for 48 hours, then I will heat set it and wash then iron again. I have thoroughly enjoyed it from a purely artistic point of view, totally immersed in the project. I will show it again to let you know how or if it works.
I am working on 2 quilts at once. Both have the same request, Africa and UN flag. I have taken two simple images of sunsets and printed them on photo paper for the clearest colouring and painted them onto fabric using Inktense sticks and pencils. The one on the left has been left to cure for a day, Ironed and heat set, washed and ironed again. The one on the right is still wet, I will leave it to dry and do the same as the other one.