Sunday, September 27, 2015

Aussie Hero Quilt Continued.

This is a couple of the turtles in progress. My plan is to use as many of the donated fabrics as possible, see if you can spot yours! First I drew the pattern pieces on the interfacing, then sew it onto the fabric right sides up. I will be sewing on the outline adding an allowance on where the pieces overlap. Then I cut a slit in the interfacing to turn it right sides out. This will then leave the interfacing with the glue side on the outside. I then will using the lines on the shell stitch to give definition. layer the pieces together and hand stitch until it is one unit then machine applique into place on the quilt block. It is an extra step but it gives the same look as vleisofix at a much lower cost. This is the same way I did the owls. The branches, leaves and reeds will be drawn onto the interfacing and ironed on and cut out then appliqued directly onto the block as they do not have multiple layers to attach.

No comments:

Post a Comment