This quilt I started on Friday, and finished this morning. The request was simple, Manly Sea Eagles NRL Team. So I googled it and came up with this. I sewed strips of burgandy and white and made my own applique using the fabric markers and sewed it on. Just to give it another little bit of colour I added blue and white and red and blue binding.
This is the back, Need to add the label then it is done. The quilting is a simple brick effect. I drew lines on the quilt using a Frixion erasable pen, then after it was sewn, when I ironed it the pen disappeared.
A close up of the applique.I used red and black fabric markers and for the shading I used a laundry marker pen.